As our group grows and evolves, we are offering these guidelines for members to review as a guide to ensuring a positive and compassionate experience for all.
- We are respectful of others and the group process.
- We are here to share our experiences so that we can heal and others may learn. But we refrain from offering advice, knowing each of our grief journeys is as unique as our fingerprints and what works for us may not work for others.
- We use sentences that begin with I My We or Our instead of you, you are, or your.
- Brevity and empathy work the best in our group.
- We are a suicide-specific group dealing with grief. We do not take time away from the focus of our group by discussing Politics, sex, or religious topics.
- We are as mindful of every survivor’s unique experience of healing as we are about our own.
- We refrain from describing details of our loved one’s suicide act because those details can be negatively triggering for many of our members.
For our members who are further along in their grief journey, please consider thinking of one concept or story that was helpful to your healing to share with our group.
Raising Your Hand in our Zoom Group
To facilitate positive support, we are using the “raise hand” feature in zoom. If you would like to comment during our meeting, please follow the steps below to raise your hand.
Follow the steps below if you are launching zoom from a laptop or desktop.
Here is how you can raise your hand in zoom when using a desktop :
- Launch Zoom and join as a participant
- You will see the Reaction icon at the bottom right-hand side of the screen. When you click on that you can click on ‘Raise hand’.
If you are launching zoom from your phone, then follow the steps below on how raise hand in zoom using a mobile device.
- Open zoom app as a participant
- Click on the Reaction button at the bottom right-hand size of the screen
- Click on Raise Hand
The host will get a notification if you click on the Raise Hand option.
Changing your screen name on Zoom
Some members would like to change the name that appears for them during our Zoom meeting. You can click here to learn how, or send Patrice a chat message during group and she will be happy to make that change for you. When we make the change, the name change will only remain in effect for that session)
Joining our Group Contact List
Reaching out to fellow survivors can be part of the healing process. To help group members connect, we have a private member contact list that is password protected and available on our website. The Password is: GROUP2020 CLICK TO ACCESS THE LIST
We will not add you to this list without your permission, therefore If you are not on the list and would like to be included, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add you. Conversely, if you would like to be removed from the list, please let us know.