Bob Riley – S.A.S. Group Facilitator
Bob Riley is our Surviving After a Suicide Loss (S.A.S) group facilitator. In addition to facilitating our group for the past three decades, he is also a Life and Grief Coach who has been working directly with people all of his life. He is well known for his kind and gentle approach to everyone he meets and his philosophy of “being in service to others.”
A suicide loss survivor himself, Bob became very active in our community as a result of a neighborhood teenagers suicide death. All of his sensibilities, insights, knowledge and conscious awareness of people, death and life changed in an instant.
- 2015 Certified Recovery Peer Specialist – Veterans specific (CRPS-V) through our local NAMI – National Alliance on Mental Illness. State Certification for advocating and mentoring fellow veterans with mental health challenges arising from military service.
- 25 Years Life Coaching
- 7 Years Family/Child Advocate for Women’s Shelter
- 9 Years Child Care Center Owner/Director
- 8 Years Member Collier Family/Child Coalition
- 9 Years member Naples Alliance For Children Organization
- 20 Years Crisis Line Volunteer
- 32 Years Suicide Support Group Facilitator & Grief Coaching
- 4 years Men’s/Women’s Group Facilitator Homeless Shelter
- 14 Years Non Profit Director Focusing on Children (Kids to Camp)
- Recipient of 2000 Florida Governors Points of Light Award for Community Volunteerism
Bob’s genuine approach has given him the ability to be very effective assisting anyone who is in need of support. This is demonstrated both in one on one sessions, families, groups or with couples learning the intricacies of the sometimes-difficult world of grief.
Commitment to Community
“In Service to Humanity.” Being a full time Naples resident for the last 45 years has given Bob many opportunities to serve our citizens in a volunteer capacity. Having chosen Naples to make it his home, he has witnessed many changes which have occurred in his hometown.
- Advocate and trainer for local homeless shelter, working with both men and women with addiction issues
- Child Care advocate for Early Childhood Coalition assisting families and child care providers with proper child development
- Crisis hotline peer counselor for individuals in need of direction, support or assistance dealing with a crisis situation
- Support group co-facilitator for folks grieving a suicide death.
Governor’s Points of Light Award
Bob Riley is the recipient of the Governor’s Points of Light Award in 2000 for community volunteerism.
There is so much to learn about grief after a death. Please give Bob a call so he can be in support of you at your greatest time of need.
Surviving After a Suicide Loss support group meetings are held every Wednesday from 6:30-8:30pm in Naples, Florida. Please contact our group facilitator Bob Riley at 239-253-6600 for the location and to learn more about our group.